Lose weight the healthy way..
When it comes to weight loss, I am all always struggling. The greatest enemy I faced when I was trying to diet were those dreaded hunger pangs. I formulated a way to tackle them the right way and voila – there is a healthy way to beat them.
So whenever I reached that point in my day when energy levels drop and it is time to refuel, I realized that I could either gorge on the wrong foods or eat right. Here are a few steps I followed to fight hunger pangs in a healthy manner.
- Drink lots of water: water is your best friend, 80% of you is made up of it anyway. Half an hour before your meal or when you get an unstoppable need to binge drink some water. This will make you feel full and negate the need to binge eat.
- Include a lot of fiber in your meal: Fiber is an integral part of any healthy diet. Fiber plays the crucial role of absorbing fluids from the fruits and vegetables we consume. Therefore when you eat fiber you end up feeling full for longer.
- Munch on sugar free chewing gum. This will help you fight the urge to snack on something against your diet. This is a great way to keep thin and hold out till your next healthy meal.
- Make sure your breakfast is packed with protein. Egg whites, milk, oats and cereals should be a part of your breakfast and will keep you going all day.
- Regular exercise keeps your weight in check, keeps your metabolism going and gets your blood flowing so that essential nutrients are delivered to your vital organs like they should be.
- Sleep well. In order for your body to function well it needs enough sleep. Sleeping more will avoid unwanted calories – typical of mid night binges in front of the TV.
- Keep busy and keep your mind active. Try to distract yourself with healthy habits to keep away from the fatty foods.
- Do not stress unnecessarily. Listen to music, meditate, and spend time with friends to battle stress.
- Do not give into hunger pangs that are a result of psychological hunger. Only feed your body not the mind, and do not mix up the two because the two have different needs.
- Apparently eating in blue colored crockery has actually worked as an appetite suppressant. So make way for blue crockery to help you eat less.
I hope this helps you as much as it did me!
From Anna with Love.